PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Teacher Gifts

Last week was Ella's last week of school.  I know.  She's already doing fractions.  It's crazy.


For her teachers I wanted to make something unique. She had two teachers for Monday/Wednesday/Friday and Tuesday/Thursday. Plus I wanted to do one for each of the administrators that take the best care of her! So there were 6 total.


I found my inspiration on Pinterest, the new social media hangout.  Look me up at Kristen Siler Vennekotter. 
Source: tipjunkie.com via Kristen on Pinterest











This was a pretty easy project but of course I bit off more than I could chew in a short time span.  So I enlisted some help. 





I picked up 6 terra-cotta pots and 6 trays. 





In addition to the pots, I bought black and yellow craft paint, brushes and markers that write on terra cotta. 


We put the black on the inside/outside of the pots and trays.  And the yellow paint around the rim.   The black went on in two coats, the yellow took about 5 coats! 


Once the paints dried over night, I took the markers and free handed the words on the bottom "Thanks for helping me Grow!" And also used the yellow as a measuring tape and free handed the lines. 


I bought 6 flowers.  Which kind? The pretty kind.  I don't remember the exact name. And some Harry Potter dirt.  It was Harry Potter dirt because the night after I planted the flowers the dirt expanded so that it over flowed out of the pots and all over my floor and counters!  

Magical! 




Here is the finished product! 



1 comments:

mvmarmon said...

Great job. Kristen and Mark. I'm sure they all loved them.

Post a Comment