PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, May 14, 2012

My First Mother's Day

My mothers day was lovely! I'm a lucky girl to be called Mommy and even luckier that I get to call Ella my daughter. How was yours? I hope you got lots of kisses and snuggles (if they aren't teenagers of course because I hear they don't snuggle so much as complain). I'm not going to lie, there were some tears that were shed (blame that old foe, miscommunication) but frowns were turned upside down in short order. I mean what is a holiday around here without someone breaking down at least once?!

I got to spend my day with my two favorite people in the whole wide world.


We went to lunch at one of my favorite places, The Black Walnut.

Momma, I must object to these lunch time photos shoots.

Hmmm... Your ideas on social welfare intrigue me. Let me think on it while I eat my applesauce.

I received two lovely cards, which brightened my day even more. I don't know about you but I love a good greeting card! They make me happy. And the most thoughtful gift was a lovely framed photo of four generations of Standley/Siler/Vennekotter ladies.

 

Four generations of love and good genes!

To end the evening, Mark stole inspiration from our honeymoon (Barcelona) and made a crazy good paella from scratch and an even crazier sangria to go with it. He knows the path to a woman's heart is through her stomach and with diamonds (shhh... he doesn't need to know the truth on that one).

And we finished off the evening with a cupcake the size of my head.

 

YUM!




1 comments:

Sam said...

Send me some of Mark's paella!!

Post a Comment