PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Friday, January 13, 2012

Sucker for Supplements

I love to eat.  I love to eat good-for-you-food and not-so-good-for-you-food.  Lately the not-so-good-for-you-food has been winning out.  Hello Holidays!  So in order to bring me back into a better balance, I've been adding a supplement to my diet. Don't get me wrong - clearly eating the actual fruits and vegetables is the best way to get the nutritious benefits but with a new baby at home I'm having a hard time getting all the recommended servings in.

I've started adding Green Super Food from Amazing Grass Super Food into my drinks in the morning and afternoon.   I first read about the products a long time ago on Jenna's blog, Eat, Live, Run.  I loved how you could add it to your protein shakes in the morning or just add the powder to some OJ, milk or water and off you go.  I'm not going to lie.  The smell and taste is a little hard to get used to, but it didn't take me too long to start swigging it down!  I drink a packet in 1/2 cup of OJ in the morning and another packet in the afternoon.  Each packet has a a blend of organic grasses, antioxidants, fibers and digestive enzymes.

I've been drinking it for about 10 days now.  While I'm not noticing any great big improvements, I feel like its one small step to better, healthier eating habits.  I've already ordered another batch and I'm going to try their energy formula too.  I'll let you know how that works out and how I'm fairing in a few weeks.  Anyone else have any favorite supplements they love to use?

0 comments:

Post a Comment